It's one of Southern Utah's favorite weekends of the year. It's like it isn't quite Fall yet until it is Marathon weekend here in beUTAHful St. George. Rated by Runner's World as one of the four "Marathons to Build a Vacation Around" in the World. Included in Runner`s World 10 Most Scenic and Fastest Marathons and Top 20 Marathons in the USA. It begins in the majestic Pine Valley mountains and descends nearly 2600 feet through scenic southwest Utah, to the beautiful Worthen Park. The St. George Marathon is a point-to-point race which is USA Track & Field Certified & Sanctioned. Runner`s World listed the St. George Marathon as the fastest fall marathon.
We are so proud to be surrounded by all the inspiring athletes and participants and can't wait to cheer them on this weekend. Stop by and say hi, Bob Richard and Associates will be at mile marker 25 as we give them all our love, support, and loudest hoots and hollers as they approach the last mile stretch in their great and admirable accomplishment.
Here are a list of helpful links for the weekend events and road closures:
3 a.m. until the finish line opens.
- 300 South from 500 East with temporary traffic lanes for the runner drop zone at 400 East and 300 East.
5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All streets from Diagonal Street/200 East.
- No traffic is allowed and there will be limited resident access on the north shoulder.
6 a.m. or last bus southbound to 1 p.m.
- Elimination of northbound traffic from Bluff Street/Sunset Boulevard/Red Hills Parkway intersection. Detour to 1400 West off Sunset Boulevard. The Red Hills Parkway northbound flyover lanes will also be closed.
6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Access to State Route 18 will be closed from Brookside south into St. George.
- Northbound traffic to Diamond Valley will open at 12 p.m.
- There will be limited access only off Snow Canyon Parkway at SR-18. However, no stopping or parking is allowed, and the speed limit will be set at 25 mph.
- All traffic is anticipated to reopen around 1:30 p.m. when the city’s Park Department vehicles have passed northbound Snow Canyon Parkway and southbound SR-18.
7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- St. George Boulevard and 300 West.
- 100 South and Main Street.
- Detour at the intersection of 700 East and 700 South or Red Hills Parkway via Snow Canyon Parkway.
St. George Marathon Facebook
Written By: Nakelle Prisbrey
Consider Us Friends:
#considerthis #bobrichards #buyutah #consideritdone #southernutah #kellerwilliams #utahrealestate #beutahful #stgeorgemarathon #finishstrong #finishstrongstg #marathon