Bob Richards and Associates proudly wishes all the strong men and women participating in the IRONMAN 70.3 this weekend, a wonderful and safe race! What a beautiful place Southern Utah is for such an amazing event with breathtaking American Southwest scenery and fresh, crisp spring air. The St. George, Utah IRONMAN 70.3 was named 2017’s BEST RACE VENUE EXPERIENCE and BEST HOST CITY EXPERIENCE and just this week was announced as home to host the 2021 IRON MAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. We as residents, businesses, athletes, and city and state officials, are honored and look forward to the wonderful comradery that takes place when our community comes together to showcase just what WE are made of here in sunny Southern Utah.
As for this weekend, here is what you can expect for adventure and event planning.
FRIDAY, MAY 3:
- The IRONKIDS 5K FUN RUN for participants up to 14 years old will take place at Town Square Park at 6:30 p.m. Registration can be done online or Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- After, the IRONKIDS 5K FUN RUN, head on over to downtown St. George for ST. GEORGE STREET FEST. Experience live music, shopping, and food vendors, and entertainment from 6-10 p.m.
SATURDAY, MAY 4:
- The Ironman 70.3 will start from Sand Hollow Reservoir in Sand Hollow State Park at 7 a.m. Saturday and the finish line is at 50 S. Main Street in St. George.
- Awards ceremony and Ironman 70.3 World Championship slot allocation will take place Saturday at 4 p.m. in Ironman Village (Town Square Park).
- The volunteer banquet and celebration will take place Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in Ironman Village (Town Square Park).
For more information, here is the 2019 FULL EVENT SCHEDULE for the IRONMAN 70.3.
The impressive field of both professional and amateur athletes are expected to approach the finish line around the four-hour mark, so come on down and give them the loud cheers and that last push of motivation and excitement that are so well deserved.
With all exciting events and scheduled road closures, there always comes traffic delays and detours. Please be courteous, patient and plan ahead when traveling through town this weekend.
For a complete and detailed list of all road closures and detours, click HERE:
ST. GEORGE NEWS offers a very helpful and well thought out plan for suggested detours and route adjustments:
Washington City detours
- If possible, avoid Telegraph Street, Washington Parkway, Buena Vista Boulevard and Green Springs Drive until noon.
- There will be no access to state Route 9 from Telegraph Street – Use Interstate 15 access from Exit 10.
- Exit 13 will be closed – Use Exit 10.
St. George detours
- Red Cliffs Parkway – use 700 South.
- St. George Boulevard westbound – use 700 South.
- St. George Boulevard eastbound – use Bluff Street to 700 South to 400 East.
Sand Hollow, Sand Hollow Resort, Dixie Springs area
- These areas will have access during the event via the Southern Parkway from Washington Dam Road.
- For residents off of Snow Canyon Drive or Tuacahn Drive – use Citadel Drive to Painted Hills Drive.
- For residents north of Center Street between 200 East and 400 West – exit via 400 West.
State Route 18 northbound
- Use Sunset Boulevard to 1400 West or Dixie Downs Drive, turn right onto Snow Canyon Parkway then right onto Bluff Street and make U-turn on Bluff Street and onto the SR-18 northbound flyover.
State Route 18 southbound
- Use the SR-18 flyover at Red Hills/Snow Canyon Parkway, then make U-turn on Bluff Street, then a left onto Snow Canyon Parkway, then take a left onto to 1400 West to Sunset to Bluff Street.
Sources: (Click on words that appear in the article as bold BLACK and not gray, as they are direct links to each helpful source and website)
Written By: Nakelle Prisbrey
Consider Us Friends:
#bobrichards #buyutah #consideritdone #considerthis #southernutah #sellutah #kw #realestate #utahrealestate #southernutahrealestate #stgeorgeutah #homesofinstagram #stgeorgestreetfest #stgeorgeironman #ironman703 #ironman #homesofinstagram #ironkids #triathlon #beutahful